Governing Body Membership
Captain Cook Primary School is part of the James Cook Learning Trust. The Trust has responsibility for four primary schools. Academy trusts with multiple academies may establish a type of committee known as a Local Governing Body. Each school in the James Cook Learning Trust has a Local Governing Body.
Local Governing Bodies play a crucial role in the governance of the school and commit to working together in the best interests of the school and the James Cook Learning Trust. The Trust has delegated certain responsibilities to the school’s Local Governing Body. The main purpose of the Local Governing Body is to:
- Hold their school to account by monitoring and reviewing its academic and financial performance and its impact on pupil outcomes,
- Ensure a School Improvement Plan is in place reflecting key priorities for the Academy and the Trust,
- Ensure sound governance and financial management of their Academy,
- Work collaboratively with the other schools in the James Cook Learning Trust,
- Ensure effective links with the school community, and that the school meets its responsibilities to the community in relation to the safeguarding and education of its pupils.
Each Local Governing Body has up to nine members, two parent governors, the Headteacher, two staff governors and three co-opted governors. Your Local Governors may be contacted via the school.
Please visit our Trustee page to find out further details about the governance of the James Cook Learning Trust.
Captain Cook Primary Committee Membership at a glance.
Chair of local governing body
|Name||Shared with||Appointed by||From||To|
|Jill Neilson||Not recorded||Appointed by GB/board||25 November 2020||24 November 2024|
|Nicola Minichiello||Not recorded||Elected by parents||2 October 2020||2 October 2024|
|Leanne Acheson||Not recorded||Elected by school staff||11 March 2020||10 March 2024|
|Amy Young||Not recorded||Ex-officio by virtue of office as headteacher/principal||1 September 2018||5 December 2022|
|Jacqui Bareham||Not recorded||Elected by school staff||6 December 2018||5 December 2022|
|Kay Moir||Not recorded||Appointed by GB/board||6 December 2018||5 December 2022|